Monday 14 June 2010

Strawberry With Ricotta Cheese



Last week Shyama's computer crashed ( I am always using her computer). And I was just lost without it. There are times when hubby was not using his computer I used it fast to check the mail or just to see what is going on Facebook.
Today onwards she is having her finals, so now again I am lost as I am borrowing hubbies :-(

Friday I had to be in Brussels, so I thought I will meet up with one of my blog buddies.She has this blog called Bombay- Brussels We know each other from our blogs but have never met up, so as I had to be there in Brussels we arranged to meet up.
The moment we met up we clicked, the afternoon just flew. We talked and she took me to a japanese store and then she took me to this Asian store I was like a child in a toy shop. I saws so much Indian goodies that I didn't know what to take. Really I told her I think i willmove to Brussels. You name it they had it and if they didnt have they got it for you when you went next time.
So that evening when hubby came home he remarked, well she met one blog friend and she is beaming the whole evening, really i coudn't stop smiling when I thought about the time we spend, it was really wonderful to meet someone with the same intrest.

We had so much fun that while taking the Metro back we forgot to get down in our stop :-)
And I got this most delicious gift from her. A full box of Alphonsa mangoes.

Now to the food.
This is something I just whipped up one afternoon.
I had a small tub of ricotta cheese and I thought why not use them.
So there is no exact recipe i guess you just go with you feeling.
I halved a bunch of strawberries and mixed them few tbsp of strawberry grenadine and left fot 30 minutes in the fridge.
Then took 1/2 cup of ricotta and mixed them well with few tsp of vanilla sugar .
I just layered them up in a glass (you can also add if you like a tbsp of the grenadine on the bottop of the glass too) and poured the left over juice from the strawberry mixture and served them.
They were just so so delicous. I loved the combination of strwberry and Ricotta cheese.

I have added Word Varification in the comment section as for the last 3 weeks almost every day I have been getting comment in chinese or japanese , i dodn't know which one. And I have been rejecting them but everyday there is another one. And it is in the same post, when it didn't work for the last week they coment in a another one.
So for a while there will be word varification in the comment section.

46 comments:

Angie's Recipes said...

Strawberry season is about over. The dessert looks very light and refreshing!
Maybe you should get yourself a new computer...as a birthday gift?

FH said...

Hi Finla, good to see you back here. Hopefully you will get S's pc back. I have been busy too, trying use all the veggies and milk in the fridge, before we set off to vacation.
So good to hear that you met a blogger there, it's always to put a face on the blogger.
Strawberry with Ricotta looks like Heaven. I used up all the Ricotta and last week I bought a tub of Cottage cheese which I still have to use this week.
Have a great week. My last post is coming this week and then I will disappear for a month!:)

Finla said...

Angie my b'day is gone, it was last mont :-(
Asha hi hi will get it back when she finish her b'day, and anyway we are planning to buy a new one for her when she goes to college, then i can use her old one.
Enjoy you holiday and I am looking forward to the last post before you go for the holiday.

Gloria Baker said...

Dear Happy cook I love strawberries and this look awesome, we have to wait to next summer, also I find some strawberries at the super still, Happy belated birthday, gloria

Shabs.. said...

Love the combo......what a great pic finla....i hat eit when the compuetr crashes...mine did once, and i lost all my pics, recipes and whole lots.....so i save everything in 2 places to be on the safe side....

Adventures in Domestic Cooking said...

I've always thought of Ricotta Cheese as just in Lasagna or something, but this sounds great!!

Sayantani Mahapatra Mudi said...

is the comp back now? great that you had good time with blog buddy. the dessert looks so cute must have tasted heavenly. love its colour. gorgeous presentation.

Padmajha said...

Looks so tempting and wish I could have a bowl rite now.As for Brussels,my best friend lives there and she says she hardly misses India for she gets anything and everything there!Lucky girl rite!

Finla said...

Sayanthi computer is back butit is exams for daughter so the computer is in her room so don't have that much access to it as i don't want to disturb her and she use them for her school work.

Nithu said...

looks yummy. nice click...

Sharmila said...

Don't worry dear Happy ... am sure you will get to use their PCs once in a while. Great to know you met a blogger friend.
Strawberry and ricotta look a beautiful combi.

Bong Mom said...

Mmmmmm, I still have some strawberries left.
F, what language do you speak at home, French ?

Priya Suresh said...

I cant live without computer nowadays, am very much addict, hope u will get a new one soon..

Wat an elegant and catchy dessert, feel like grabbing..

Finla said...

Bong Mom try this you will love them. And here at home we speak English with each other most of the time and then tere are tie when H and S speak Dutch, but we tell herspeak English at home otherwise she will have trouble with english.

Simplyfood said...

This dessert looks devine.Nicely clicked.

abraham said...

i love strawberries and this smoothie is stunning...

Sunitha said...

Yum! Looks fabulous. I am sorry about your comp..

Ivy said...

Great dessert, so light and delicious.

indosungod said...

HC, strawberries and cheese just look so good together. Tell me about it, no PC is like being without a hand. My battery adaptor just died and took me a whole day to find another one :(

Juliana said...

Oh! What a nice combination, simple and yet delicious. The color of this desert is absolutely beautiful :-)

Dewi said...

Beautiful and refreshing dessert!
Love the vibrant color of the dessert and the spoon as well. Where did you buy it, if you don't mind me asking?

Veggie Belly said...

sounds like a fun blogger meet up. and strawberries with ricotta looks so refreshing! love the clean white background :)

Shoba Shrinivasan said...

hi Finla,

First time on your site...Nice that you cd meet up woth a friend in Belgium...I hear there are loads of INdians there...Your dish looks light and creamy and sweet...Lovely clicks by thwe way. i love ricotta...only every time I manage to turn round and see the calories and I put it down...Waiting for a special occassion.

Shobha

Finla said...

Elra I bought them in a local shop here were they sell home decoration and kithcen thins etc... the name of the shop is Casa.

Jayashree said...

nice, simple recipe. Sadly, the strawberry season here is finished.

Anonymous said...

A perfect yummy dessert with strawberries!

Cynthia said...

Where are you taking your photographs these days? I LOVE the lighting.

Finla said...

Cynthia it is sunny weather here these days so i take the picture in the living near the huge window :-)

Sum Raj said...

i am coming over there to have it..

Shobha said...

So nice to meet a co-blogger isn't it...can imagine the fun you would have had exchanging ideas.
The dessert looks absolutely awesome.

Bombay-Bruxelles said...

Finla, You've already done your post - I'm late, but with exams on it's not easy to spend some time on the computer...
Dom had the same comment as Hans - he said - "it shows you met a fellow blogger". Thanks for your company I enjoyed my self and the family loved the macaroons :-). See you soon.

Finla said...

Bombay Brussels; yeah it was really fun and see you on sunday hope the weather will be goodtoo.

Prema said...

loved ur space,very tempting recipes and wounderfull pictures...
do visit my blog if time permits,
http://premascooking.blogspot.com

Suganya said...

Strawberry with Ricotta looks so creamy and yummy. Nice recipe. YUM! Love any strawberry dessert...

Nic said...

It's great meeting up with other bloggers, especially if they are food ones. This looks delicious!
PS. I keep getting those horrid spam comments too.

pigpigscorner said...

This looks so refreshing! Very Summery!

Rajee Mani said...

Great dessert, simple yet delicious.

Unknown said...

deliicous desserts

Sanjeeta kk said...

Yummy dessert to try out.

Padhu Sankar said...

Dessert looks fabulous!!Tempting pictures as usual

Cakelaw said...

This looks delicious!! And a box of mangoes - lucky you!

Rina said...

Happy I have tub of ricotta cheese and straw berries in fridge too..so i'm going to dig into this right now..I always stock on ricotta..since its the SBD diet friendly..

As for the comments in chinese and japanese..its is still happening to me after I pit word verification..very single day this is happening..have to report to blogger security..

sra said...

Happy, I suspended anonymous comments in my blog because I was getting so many of those Japanese/Chinese things - even though I have moderation, I was tired of getting them.

It worked, but now I am getting one every two or three days even though it's not anonymous. Pain in the neck! (I've not put word verification.)

Cham said...

I met more than dozen bloggers in my first meeting! Imagine how much we should talk! That was 2 years ago!
Cottage cheese and berry, never tasted but sounds very elegant dessert!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A lovely dessert! That is such a delightful combination!

Cheers,

Rosa

D. @ Outside Oslo said...

What a beautiful dessert, and creative!