Monday 7 December 2009

Coconut,oats and chocolate chip cookies



My oven got busted last week. Actually I think It must have gone bad before that.
Me the silly one didn't figure out. I baked my bread which I usually bake and when I took them out of the oven they were not baked, it was like , well i don't think I can describe them.
That was the day when I made my few trials of the Achappam, so I thought maybe in the hurry I must have done the wrong temperature.

I even had to run to the bakers near by to buy bread otherwise I didn't had bread for that evening ( weekdasy it is bread here in the evening)

Then I made again bread few days ago and the same thing happend then I knew my oven was busted up.

Ofcourse these cookies were made before my oven disaster.
Goog news is saturday hubby and I went for oven hunting and we bought a new one and they wil bring the oven tommorow.
I must admit I was lost without my oven.
Now to the baking

When I saw these cookies in Sunita's place, I remember telling to my self I must make this

I was not disapointed, it was just so so good.
And for sure if you know sunita's cooking you know it will be filled with healthy ingridients.
Except when she is in a real indulge mood like her Mini Chocolate pots , which I saw them and ran to my kitchen and indulged myself too.
But for the most she is a well behaved girl she sticks to real healthy but yummy bakes like this one.
I followed her recipe exactly, except I add a tsp of chillie flakes as I have seen sunita often spicying up her baking and while making these cookies why not try the same.
Here at home we allo loved it, we all loved the light tingling feeling while eating these cookies.
So thankyou sunita for yet another wonderful recipe.

Want to have a go at making this super delish cookies chech out her place for the recipe

I am sending this to Susan for her if you check out her place you will see what all cookies santa as got till now just go here and also do make some cookies and send her way.


45 comments:

jayasree said...

Mouthwatering cookies... Is your oven back to action now?

Bombay-Bruxelles said...

I'm not a great fan of chocolate cookies but I think I'll like this - and I know that my family will surely do so!

Finla said...

Jayasree Will only get the new one tommorow

Priya Suresh said...

Such a gorgeous and prefect cookies, love the addition of coconut..

Pari Vasisht said...

yummy ones dear,waiting for more baked products out of ur new oven.
http://cooking-goodfood.blogspot.com
pari

sunita said...

F, I'm so glad that you and your family enjoyed the cookies.

chef and her kitchen said...

Lovely cookies....looks yummy..

Deepa G Joshi said...

ohh these look so good...very tempting..

notyet100 said...

looks good,..;-)

suvi said...

I know what you mean when you say that you felt lost without an oven...I completely share that feeling!
Cookies look yum, nice twist in spicing it up.

prasu said...

lovely cookies dear.......it sounds yummy and healthy too.

Gloria Baker said...

Happy Cook, these cookies look amazing and delicious! xx gloria

Unknown said...

They look great indeed, you surely on a Cookie spree nowadays.

Raks said...

Nice combo! I always love coconut flavor in cookies! Looks great :)

Usha said...

Fantastic cookies, wish I could bite into one right now :-)

chakhlere said...

OMG!!! I am drooling over those cookies...great combo of chocolate and coconut.

indosungod said...

Anything with chocolates is perfect.
I don't use my oven much but I am sure when it is not around is when all the baking ideas will dance in my head :)

Parita said...

Cookies look soo yummm!!

Angie's Recipes said...

They are perfect holiday cookies!

Ivy said...

These cookies sound amazing.

Laavanya said...

I love all the ingredients going in so this cookie is sure to be a hit.

sayantani said...

i also made my first batch of successfull cookies using this recipe. but i had to tweak it a litle. planning to post. your look awesome.

Mahimaa's kitchen said...

that looks soooooooo good. wish i could have it :(

Cham said...

Ur oven explosed HC :)
Quiet healthy and coco and choco is great pairing!

Bong Mom said...

Liked the stack, chilli in cookies that must be something

Poornima Nair said...

Thats a lot of yummy things in one cookie...looks great.

Lakshmi said...

OMG...yummy yumm.... :)

CAHİDE said...

Muhteşem gözüküyor!

Cilantro said...

Looks good. Hope to see more after you get your new oven.

Saritha said...

Delicious looking cookies.

Happy baking with ur new oven :)

Thistlemoon said...

Those sound so yummy! Sorry to hear about your oven problems! Hope you are back!

foodcreate said...

Love Coconut Cookies look so delicious perfect for gifts !


Thank you for sharing :)


Have a wonderful day ~

Deepthi Shankar said...

looks yummm

Anonymous said...

These cookies sound yummy with coconut and chocolate chips! I hope you get your new oven soon!

Vanamala Hebbar said...

never tried at home chocolate cookies looks lovely ...

Barbara Bakes said...

Have fun with the new oven. We do get spoiled with all our modern conveniences! The cookies look great!

Siddhi Shirsat said...

hey this is my first visit to your blog...u hv a nice collection of recipes...this cookies look damn tempting...nice recipe of acchapam...i like them very much...we get it here in kerala stores...i am following your blog now...vl visit u often for such good recipes:-)

Preety said...

cookies look awesome

Velva said...

The cookies look delicious! Hope your oven has been fixed. I know that can be stressful.

Veggie Belly said...

coconut, oats and chocolate are a lovely combination :)

Chibog in Chief said...

all the things i want in one cookie!! thats fantastic entry to susan's cookie event! hope you'll have a great new oven soon!! kisses

Mandira said...

What a lovely combination. :) Looks great!

Juliana said...

Oh! These cookies look delicious...like it with coconut and oatmeal...yummie!

Ms.Chitchat said...

Yummy cookies. Looks very tempting.Love the coconut flavour in it. Following you.

Chitchat
http://chitchatcrossroads.blogspot.com/

Susan from Food Blogga said...

Aw, that's just terrible timing. I hope it's up and running soon. Those cookies sound and look amazing! Thanks for sending them my way. :)