Friday 12 September 2008

Time just flew


First let me Wish all my Readers A very Happy Onam.

It is true when they say, time just go fast when one os have a wonderful time. We all had such a lovely time in India..

Days and weeks just flew.........As i promised I did eat lots of different snacks and food, which I had not had for a while, didn't take that much picture as when one is going out for eating ; the camera is never with us.

Vegetarian Thali in Sarvana Chennai


Flower Market in Mysore


Yumm Spicy chillies

In Mumbai I ate the vada pav which was so delicious......now when i think about it, I am ddrooling.In Bangalore I ate for first time papadi chat...........in mysore ate the mulagu bhaji from the street vendour, which was yumm....... should I continue :-) not to mention the thalis in Sarvana in Chennai.

Ofcourse nothing could beat the delicious food we had in Srivaliis home.

She was so kind to invite us for dinner even in her hectic life. And the variety of food she had prepared for us was so DELICIOUS.

We enjoyed every mouthfull of it. I cannot say which was the best dish in her place as all of them we so good. When i tried her paneer butter masala we were like wow and then i tried her chicken dish ( ladies she is unbelievably fast in cooking) she made this chicken dish while i was there and it was done in a flash and I was like my god if i have to make this dish at home i will be slaving half the day to make it.

There was this andhra vada which was aslos superb.......

Her twins are so adorable. You know when you see small kids u just want to grab them and squeeze them ( at least i do) I wanted to do that to both of them.
Her daughter Anjana is so sweet. Not to mention smart and witty.
My hubby and daughter wanted to take her with them as both of them thouht she is the most smartest girl they have met.

Not to mention she has a wonderful smile.And Srivalli she is really wonderfull. I am sure if I was living in chennai I would go to her home every week.
Their home is just wonderful I am sure she has no dull moment with such a wonderfull family


Fresh ginger in the market


Oh yeah and then we went to Munnar.


Salted Nellika in the road side shops. On the way to Munnar

I am sure if you have gone there you will agree with me when i say the place is just breathetaking, with all the tea plantations.


Tea Plants in Munnar

Of coures what did I buy from there, tea and spices. I tasted there the best Cinamon . So you can imagine i was like a child in a toy shop seeing all the different type of spicces.

Bought cardamom, cinamon, cloves ........ but one of the best find and buy I did was Vanilla sticks. They were so cheap that i bought 75 sticks. I will tell about the quality when I use them. But they look and smell really good.

My daughter and I wend to India 2 weeks earlier than my husband as he had to go to US. So as he was there he went and stayed with my sister for a week.
So what does elder sis send for her blogging sis, you all can imagine ,

Few of the things she send me
Thankyou sis. Isn't it great to have elder sisters :-))))

52 comments:

sra said...

Hey, you're back! Heard about your visit from Valli! Onam greetings!

kamala said...

Seems You had a nice time in India..My cousin brother having a grocery store in Munnar used to give us all the spices.. you get the pure and fresh one there..Glad to know that u met Valli's family..Looking forward for your yummy dishes..

Anonymous said...

I too just got back and haven't yet started blogging. 2 and half months in India just flew so quickly...and I miss all the goodies that I had there. The pictures are fantastic.

Happy Onam!

Maria♥ said...

Welcome back and I hope you had a wonderful holiday!

I've missed your posts ;o)

Maria
x

Cham said...

Tell me do u have place in ur pantry , he he :) Hope u had a blast in South India, i love Munnar such a heaven in South right? I just want to taste the nellikai.
Wish u A Happy Onam to u and ur family. After seeing Valli, guess u both had a wonderf time together.

Finla said...

Sra thankyou for the wishes yeah we had a lovely time with valli

Kamalagk Had a wonderful time. Licky you getting all those wonderful spices.

my comfort food, yeah i know what you mean, while writtng the post i was thinking yeah i miss India

Maria you are so sweet, i am sure i will post regularly now that i am back

Unknown said...

i hope u had a nice time in India.. munnar is very nice place dear...

Finla said...

Cham well to be honest, i have no more place in the pantry. I still have a huge bag lying in my kitchen floor ( in a corner) with tea, spices etc....

Srikars, thankyou, munnar is indeed beautiful

FH said...

Hello buddy, good to see you back. Looks like you had a great time there!:))

Well..I am on a looong break now, lot of renovations are going on at home. See you when I can, hugs.

anudivya said...

I am turning green looking at all your pics! Lucky girl...
Very nice pics, makes me very nostalgic (esp. the saravana bhavan thali) and hungry too! LOL
I have always wanted vanilla beans... never ever realized that they sold them in India!

Madhavi said...

Hey..welcome back dear :)) very nice place and awesome snaps !!!

Finla said...

Asha thankyou and will miss you dearly. I did went and peeped in your place and i had read you were busy with renovations.
Hey but it is all worth it, you are getting a new kitchen i am jealous :-)

Divya hi hi i knew that sarvana pic would make everyone drool. Even when i look at it, i am drooling.
Oh yeah you do get them especially in Munnar and they are cheap too.

Madhavi thankyou

Peter M said...

Welcome back and I hope you;ll share more of your travels and spices!

ST said...

Hey, good to see you back. Looks like you had a great time in India :))Very beautiful place and all pics are fantastic.

Laavanya said...

So good to see you back. happy Onam. Looks like you had a fun trip and fabulous food. It's so nice that you met up with Srivalli... and she cooked up a storm... :)

Manju said...

Its good to have you back...read about your visit to Valli's. Looks like u had a great time in India!!

Sum Raj said...

hey..Happy onam..nice to c u after a long time...baap re this proves u had a great blast in india mainly in srivalli's home..how lucky u r?...v all missed u..

Vani said...

Lovely photos from India! How lovely you got to meet & taste food from a fellow food blogger!

Sujatha said...

Nice to see you back! Sounds like you had a wonderful trip :) waiting to see some special recipes :)

Rachel said...

the pics are a proof of the amazing time you had....75 pods of vanilla :D

lubnakarim06 said...

Welcome Back. Happy Onam. Pic look gr8.

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had nice time in India. Happy Onam.

Srivalli said...

HC, it was really a pleasure meeting you and your family..glad you enjoyed the visit!..and yes will gladly have you over everyday too!

Uma said...

good to see you back HC! Looks like you had a great time in India. Happy onam to you and your family.

Ruth Strong said...

HEY!!!! Good to see you back! I've been missing you. Seems you had a great time away!

amna said...

those chillies make me very homesick. so fresh!

Finla said...

Peter thankyou, will do that

Sireesha thankyou

Lavanyaa thankyou , yeah it was wonderful to meet up with srvalli

Superchef, we had a fabulous time in India

Sume Rajesh thankyou indeed we had a blast

Vani thankyou

Sujatha will try to come out with something special

Rachel i coudn't resist my self, first i bought 25 and then i thought what the hell will buy more

Kitchen flavours and Hima thankypu

Srivalli don't temp me, i might come every day when i am there next time :-)))

Ruth thankyou missed blogging too

Nags, well when i look to the pictures i too get home sick and i am just onlt back from there

Sagari said...

nice pics happy cook

Cynthia said...

I am so happy to see you again! I missed you! I kept checking in at your blog though you were not there :)

Sounds like you had a fantastic time!

Welcome back!

Raks said...

Wow,looks like you had a great time there in India and @ srivalli's place too:)

Swapna said...

Looks like you had a great time in India!!!

ST said...

I have tagged you, please check my blog and collect it. Its nice to know about fellow blogger’s through tagging.

Unknown said...

when I saw your comment in my blog, i came to know that you are back..I am sure you had a great time..the pictures show and the delicacies you have mentioned..good post HC.

Aparna Balasubramanian said...

Hey, you're back. I really missed seeing you.
I can see you had a great time in India and also with eating and shopping. Hope you didn't have any problems at the customs. Just joking.:)

Lia said...

Seeems u had great time there, love those lovely flowers!

Happy onam to u and family ;)

Chibog in Chief said...

welcome back!! im' so glad your here with us again :-) cant wait to hear your wonderful vacation's stories !

Jayashree said...

Welcome back. Am sure you had a wonderful Onam with your family.

EC said...

Welcome back...u seem to have covered several places during ur trip..and what a collection of gifts..

Finla said...

Sagari thankyou

Cynthia thankyou and am so honoured to hear that you missed me :-)


Rakh's and Swapne thankyou.

Sireesha thankyou for tagging me, i have done this tag few months back

Sowmya we indeed had a wonderful time

Aparna hi hi actually my hubby was really worried about the customes as we had so much luggage.

Lia thankyou

Dhangit thankyou, and i am happy to be back too

Jayashree thankyou

Mishmash ! said...

hey u went home!!! you ve been longing for that right.....how was the vacation....? hope u had a great time with family and naadan food ofcourse :) Nice to see you back :)

Dori said...

I love all the pictures!!! It's nice to see a bit of daily life from my fellow bloggers :)

Srikitchen said...

wow! all the pics are really superb! hope u enjoyed india well1
come and join in the chicken event going in my blog!

Cakelaw said...

Welcome back Happy Cook!!! Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation.

Chef Jeena said...

Wow what fantastic pictures of your trip happy. So glad to see you back. :-)

Sukanya Yogesh said...

You have a lovely blog, Iam glad I stumbled upon it. Seeing those pictures makes me feel nostalgic.

Viji said...

welcome back F. Good to see you with so much goodies and full of energy. we missed you. Wishing you good luck. Viji

Shaheen said...

Wow I like the Indian photos. Munnar is such a beautiful place - reminds me of my school days when we took a trip there. Everything seems familiar except the salted naliki.

Richa said...

hey, so nice to see u back! those fresh spices look so enticing, slurrrrrp ;)

Lakshmi said...

OMG..after reading this fantastic post I am eagerly waiting for my India trip..That banana market seemed soo familiar it is Mysore isn't it? I love exploring each and every corner of that market....now that u have mentioned Munnar umm..I am all tempted :) :)and it is always goood to have elder sis (coz I am the eldest one at home hahaha.. :P)

Unknown said...

Trips are always great esp visting India and shopping around, having great food.I love the vanilla pods.

Finla said...

Lg yeah it is mysore
Hi hi i am glad i am the youngest i get all the treats then :-)

Anonymous said...

wow!! thats one long and lovely trip......am glad you had fun....lovely lovely pics!!