Friday 11 April 2008

Pipe rigate ai piselli e prosciutto

I have this wonderfull pasta book and all the dishes are written in Italian name ( i think atleast) and it is so funny to read the names if one don't know the language itself like me.

Translated this dish is called Pasta withy peas and ham.

My daughter loves this dish, everytime I make this her plate is fully empty. Only thing she picks out is the tiny pieces of onions in it.


Ham,Onion,past etc...


Almost there


Ingridients
25 gm butter
1 tbsp olive oilI
1onion chopped
150 gm peas ( i used frozen ones)
2 garlic cloves
150 ml Chicken broth
200 ml cream
150 gm parma ham in slices
350 gm pipe rigate pasta
Salt and peper to taste
Paremesan cheese grated few tbsp
Few tbsp parsley for garnish

Melt the butter in a pan together with the oilive oil. Add the onions and garlic and fry for few minutes. Add then the ham , fry for few more minutes and now add the peas and the chicken broth.
Cook for some five minutes till the peas are cooked. Add the cream and cook boil for 2 minutes. Add salt and peper to your taste.

In the mean time cook the pasta and drain.Add the drain pasta to the sauce, mix well and serve with grated cheese and parsley.
I am sending this to Ruth's of Once Upon A Feast for her

26 comments:

Ruth Daniels said...

It looks delicious, no wonder your daughter eats it all up! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights.

Katie Zeller said...

Ham. cream and peas? How wonderful!
I can understand your daughter cleaning her plate - so would I!!

Cakelaw said...

This looks delicious Happy Cook - can't go wrong with this combination. I love the fact that it uses shell pasta - the shape appeals to me.

Cham said...

Pasta with Prosciutto looks creamy and delicious :) No wonder ur daugh has left anything in her plate...

Dhivya said...

love pasta:))looks so yumm and creamy

Rosie said...

Oh you sure know how to make me happy my 'dear Happy'!! I adore pasta and this combination of ham, cream, peas & cheese is just gorgeous!!!!

Rosie x

AnuZi said...

I love Prosciutto! I will eat anything with Prosciutto in it. DROOOOOOOOL. Great recipe yaar.

Namratha said...

The name sure is a mouthful to say, looks good, I will of course skip the ham and the chicken broth while making it :)

sandhya said...

lovely pasta.. looks delicious...

Ruth Strong said...

This sounds like perfect pasta! Great entry to presto pasta!

Richa said...

must taste yum with the cream :)

Kalai said...

I love prosciutto! This is such a perfect springtime pasta dish! Nice one. :)

Peter M said...

Happy, that pasta looks so comforting. It's cold & rainy here and this would set me straight.

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I just made a risotto dish with peas and prosciutto that I'll be posting on. So I know I'd love your pasta dish.

Uma said...

the pasta looks fantastic, HC! still trying to pronounce the name, he he! nice pic.

Rachel said...

Lovely entry...The ham in it makes it all the more tempting!

Swapna said...

This looks delicious Happy Cook....I would love to try this....but won't get Ham here....

Cakespy said...

This looks creamy, dreamy, and absolutely DELICIOUS!

Dori said...

It's funny to read about your daughter picking out the onions...my daughter will eat something if she doesn't know it's there but if she sees it will pick at her food too. The pasta looks delicious, too :)

Maria♥ said...

Happy this is absolutely delish and I will be trying this recipe out soon, thanks for sharing!

Maria
x

kamala said...

Looks delicious....I can make it with chicken or mutton

Ti said...

that looks yummy, but unfortunately i can't eat ham :(

Anonymous said...

Your daughter can really pick out the small onion pieces?! Wow, she's good.
Well lucky she has a mom like you to make some great food for her!

Finla said...

Hi everybody thankyou all for you lovely comments.
Was busy this weekend, sodidn't reply individualy.

Unknown said...

wow..chicken broth and cream...the sauce must have tasted nice and rich...wonderful HC

Meera said...

Lovely, rich pasta. Wonderful entry.